K&M Precision Rifle Training is proud to once again host the annual “K&M/Kahles Precision Rifle Competition”. With input from the top competitors/instructors and combined with first class training facilities, this is the nation’s premier precision rifle event. Capitalizing on the unrivaled K&M Shooting Complex, the weekend will consist of K&M’s renowned 2 day Bolt Gun Competition and an optional one day “tune up”, where competitors can train on the K&M facility to prepare for the upcoming competition.
In association with the Precision Rifle Series and primary sponsors Kahles Optics, the event draws those from across the country who wish to compete against the nation’s best professionals, military operators and the many new shooters who are just joining our discipline. Simply put, shooters highlight K&M each year on their calendars due to the camaraderie, high level of competition, professional execution and our first class facilities. In 2017 K&M hosted the largest (300+ shooters) and most efficient PRS matches in the country, this year we intend to surpass those accomplishments.
The competition will be high tempo with minimal “down time” between stages. K&M takes pride in hosting the most professional and efficient championship style match in the nation. The course of fire tests and trains disciplines from across law enforcement, military and practical marksman spectrums. There is not another site in the country that has the facility to support a course of fire like K&M’s.
Competitors can expect engagements from 50-1200yds at an assortment of steel, reactive and automated moving targets. Target size will vary in difficulty based on the shooters position, distance, props used and time allotted. Most stages will include “stressors”, either time and/or movement. All scoring will be transparent and balanced in order to reward the most consistent shooters. The competition requires 200 rounds to complete the course of fire and is caliber restricted to 300 WinMag and below. The course of fire will be made public at the start of each competition.
25 May 2018 – Tune-Up, Registration and Zero Range Open
9:00am – Tune-up begins – Range open
3:00pm – Tune-up complete – Range closed
3:00pm until dark – All competitors must sign-in at the facility – 100yd zero range open
Kahles Optics Bolt Gun Competition
26 May, 2017 – Day 1
7:00am – Welcome and safety briefing
7:30am – Match starts
4:00pm – Day 1 complete
27 May, 2017 – Day 2
7:00am – Day 2 starts
3:00pm – Match ends
3:05pm – Awards/Prize table
Registration will be done on a transparent first come first serve basis through our website; the match will limited to 200 competitors. To secure a slot shooters must register online, no other form of registration or payment will be accepted. Once registration is complete you will receive a confirmation email shortly thereafter. The online cart will not accept payments until 1 February 2018 @ 9AM CST. Match payments are not refundable, transferable and may not be sold. Shooters should not register unless they intend to shoot the match. Once the match is full the site will no longer take registrations. If you want to be put on the waitlist, send an email to shannon@KMPrecisionRifleTraining.com. Wait listed personnel will be contacted when slots open.
Emails with sqauding information will be sent to competitors NLT 15 April 2018
Listed below are recommended hotels in Jackson, TN area – they are a 15-30 minute drive to the K&M Shooting Complex (approx 25-30 miles)
Americana Inn (20% discount for mentioning K&M)
550 Sanford Street, Henderson, TN 38340
Best Western Carriage House Inn & Suites
1936 Highway 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN, 38305
Days Inn Jackson
1919 U.S. 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN 38305
61 Casey Jones Lane, Jackson, TN 38305
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast
55 Parkstone Place, Jackson, TN 38305
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson
2370 North Highland, Jackson, TN 38305
Memphis International Airport – 100 miles
Nashville International Airport – 147 miles
There will not be time to leave the complex during the event. Local services are 15-30 minutes away, so please bring food, refreshments and any other needed items with you for each day. During summer months it will be very hot, please begin to hydrate 24 hours in advance of the event date. Lunch will be provided on Saturday and Sunday by Trace Bartlein from Bartlein Barrels.
K&M Precision Rifle Yearly Points Race Series
K&M will track and maintain scores for all Southeastern Shooter’s Challenge, K&M/Kahles and GAP Grind competitions. The SSC will be hosted 3-5 times throughout the year and two championship level matches. All scores will be calculated toward a one day championship finale held at the end of each year.
How to Participate:
- Shooters simply compete in any precision rifle competition held at K&M. (SSC, K&M and or GAP Grind) – there is no cost to have your scores tracked and no sign up is required.
- Shooters that compete in K&M Precision Rifle matches will be ranked against all other competitors that participate.
- Only the top two scores will be calculated toward points total, but shooters may compete in as many matches as they desire to raise their points average. Two day matches will count for double points. (for example = a shooter who earns a 89, will receive scores of 89 and 89 toward their standings for the K&M and GAP Grind matches).
- At the end of each year K&M will host a one day K&M Precision Rifle Yearly Points Race Series Finale. The “Champion of K&M” will be crowned.
- Yearly ranking points will count towards 2/3rds of the overall points. The Championship match will count for the remaining 1/3rd.
- Individuals match points / match winner’s match points X 100pts = K&M Series Score.
- For example: Consider a match where the 1st place shooter scored 150 points and 14th place scored 98 points.
- Applying the formula (98/150) X 100 = 63.33 SSC series points.
- The 14th shooter will earn 63.33 points toward his or her ranking.
- The 1st place shooter will earn 100 points.
- Updated results can be tracked on the Southeastern Shooters Challenge page.
2012 K&M PRECISION RIFLE COMPETITION RESULTS
2013 K&M PRECISION RIFLE COMPETITION RESULTS
2014 K&M PRECISION RIFLE COMPETITION RESULTS
2015 K&M PRECISION RIFLE COMPETITION RESULTS
2016 K&M PRECISION RIFLE COMPETITION RESULTS
2017 K&M PRECISION RIFLE COMPETITION RESULTS