K&M Precision Rifle Training hosts 1 day precision rifle matches designated as the “Southeastern Shooter’s Challenge”. This match is intended for both veteran and novice shooters from within the regional who want a top quality event, great facilities, and excellent competition all within one day. We anticipate running the “Southeastern Shooter’s Challenge” 3-5 times a year.
These matches will be a high tempo event with minimal “down time”. The course of fire will test and train disciplines from across law enforcement, military and practical marksman spectrums. Competitors can expect engagements from 50-1000yds at an assortment of steel, reactive, paper and automated moving targets. Targets size will vary in difficulty based on the shooters position, distance and time allotted. Most stages will include “stressors”, either time and/or movement. The competition will require 100 rounds to complete the course of fire and is caliber restricted to 300 WinMag and below.
7:00am – Sign In/Zero Range Open
7:30am – Welcome and safety briefing
7:45am – Match Starts
3:30pm – Match complete
Registration will be done on a transparent first come first serve basis through our website; the match will be limited to 80 competitors. To secure a slot shooters must register online, no other form of registration or payment will be accepted. Once registration is complete you will receive a confirmation email/receipt. Match payments are not refundable or transferable. Once the match is full the site will no longer take registrations. If you want to be put on the waitlist, send an email to shannon@KMPrecisionRifleTraining.com. Wait listed personnel will be contacted when slots open.
K&M now offers our newly built bunkhouse for those that choose to reduce lodging costs and enjoy the camaraderie with the K&M Crew. Cost is $40 and includes a stay the night before the match. Competitors may sleep 1-3 per room depending on match size. Cable TV and a full kitchen are provided for our guests. Linens, pillow, towels and toiletries must be brought by our guests. The bunkhouse is immaculately maintained and is highly reviewed by past K&M visitors. The bunkhouse and facility will open at 6pm the night before the match. The gates will not be open to before then, so please plan accordingly. Please select the bunkhouse option when registering for the match. No other means of reservation can be accepted. Bunkhouse photos can be viewed below and more facility information can be found on the K&M Shooting Complex Page.
Listed below are recommended hotels in Jackson, TN area – they are a 15-30 minute drive to the K&M Shooting Complex (approx 25-30 miles).
Americana Inn (20% discount for mentioning K&M)
550 Sanford Street, Henderson, TN 38340
Best Western Carriage House Inn & Suites
1936 Highway 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN, 38305
Days Inn Jackson
1919 U.S. 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN 38305
61 Casey Jones Lane, Jackson, TN 38305
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast
55 Parkstone Place, Jackson, TN 38305
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson
2370 North Highland, Jackson, TN 38305
There will not be time to leave the complex during the event. Local services are 15-30 minutes away, so please bring food, refreshments and any other needed items with you for each day. During summer months it will be very hot, please begin to hydrate 24 hours in advance of the event date.
K&M Precision Rifle Yearly Points Race Series
K&M will track and maintain scores for all Southeastern Shooter’s Challenge, K&M/Kahles and GAP Grind competitions. The SSC will be hosted 3-5 times throughout the year and two championship level matches. All scores will be calculated toward a one day championship finale held at the end of each year.
How to Participate:
- Shooters simply compete in any precision rifle competition held at K&M. (SSC, K&M and or GAP Grind) – there is no cost to have your scores tracked and no sign up is required.
- Shooters that compete in K&M Precision Rifle matches will be ranked against all other competitors that participate.
- Only the top two scores will be calculated toward points total, but shooters may compete in as many matches as they desire to raise their points average. Two day matches will count for double points. (for example = a shooter who earns a 89, will receive scores of 89 and 89 toward their standings for the K&M and GAP Grind matches).
- At the end of each year K&M will host a one day K&M Precision Rifle Yearly Points Race Series Finale. The “Champion of K&M” will be crowned.
- Yearly ranking points will count towards 2/3rds of the overall points. The Championship match will count for the remaining 1/3rd.
- Individuals match points / match winner’s match points X 100pts = K&M Series Score.
- For example: Consider a match where the 1st place shooter scored 150 points and 14th place scored 98 points.
- Applying the formula (98/150) X 100 = 63.33 SSC series points.
- The 14th shooter will earn 63.33 points toward his or her ranking.
- The 1st place shooter will earn 100 points.
The Southeastern Shooters Challenge will also take part in the PRS Club series points race. The PRS Club series points race is free and tracks all club matches throughout the Southeast Region. Click on the highlighted link for more information. Scores and rankings will be published on this page, the K&M Facebook page, through the PRS.