K&M Precision Rifle Training offers a 3 day Advanced Alumni – Competition combination course designed for shooters that have trained with us in the past. This course is designed for formally trained and/or very experienced students. The course will evaluate and train on series of complex exercises and drills commonly seen in today’s precision rifle competitions and in practical complex shooting scenarios. The K&M staff will provide professional mentorship and hands on instruction to improve your baseline performance and take you to the next level. This course will utilize the entire K&M Shooting Complex, fully taking advantage of the 12 plus ranges on site. Students that complete the course will have a proficiency in firearm safety, firearm handling under stress conditions, advanced marksmanship fundamentals, a combined knowledge of their personal capabilities with their equipment and systematic training methods for future progression. This course does not have any formal classroom instruction and is designed for shooters that have the basics and some advanced concepts down, but are not satisfied with their current training program. It is not an introductory course by any means and students that wish to attend must have attended our Comprehensive or Competition Preparation Course. Please contact us if you need assistance in selecting the right course or think you may qualify for this course before signing up.
K&M utilizes combat proven and competitively accomplished cadre. The diversification of our instructors provides a broad perspective and the best talent available from Special Operations, Law Enforcement, Military Sniper Instructors and the highest ranked Civilian PRS Competitors. This unique blend of expertise and experience, combined with a dedicated and purpose built facility, is simply unrivaled. It allows us to offer the most efficient and professional training available. See the About Us page for more information on K&M instructors and/or the Shooting Complex page for more information.
Key Topics Covered
- Cold bore data and zeroing of the weapon system
- Positional shooting, prone, standing, kneeling, sitting on and around urban obstacles while stationary and moving under condensed timelines
- Advanced wind reading
- Data confirmation out to 1200 yards
- Lead formula and calculations
- Wind reading and management in relation to moving targets
- Movers with limited exposure target training and multiple moving and static target engagements under condensed timelines
- Positional moving target engagements, on and around urban obstacles while stationary and moving under condensed timelines
- Snap and multiple target training under condensed timelines
- Practical stress events in urban, wooded and open terrain
- Shot placement and speed drills
- Understanding of environmental effects on external ballistics
- Dissecting and analyzing competition events and the application of scoring well given the shooter’s abilities
- Class sizes are limited to maintain a proper instructor to student ratio.
- ***READ THIS PLEASE*** All course payments are not refundable and under no circumstances can be transferred to a future course or change dates. Shooters should not register unless they commit to attend the training.
- Custom GA Precision rifles w/ Kahles 6-24x56i or 5-25×56 scopes (w/ K&M’s/Shannon’s SKMR 3 reticles) are available for rental for those attending our courses. Quantities are limited, so please purchase when registering. A sling, rear bag and bipod is included in house gun rental.
- Match ammunition is also available for purchase when choosing to rent a house gun.
- A K&M Precision Rifle Training welcome link with driving directions, additional administrative information, etc. is linked to your receipt and emailed to each student after registering for the course.
- This class begins at 8am CST on day one. The K&M range is open for attendees to zero and confirm data on their own the day prior starting at 2pm.
- K&M on site lodging opens at 2pm the night before the course start date.
Bunk House accommodations are included at no additional cost to provide an enhanced learning experience. Students may sleep 1-3 per section/room depending on course size. Wi-Fi, cable TV and a full kitchen are provided for our guests. Linens, pillows, towels and toiletries must be brought by our guests (twin bed size). Linens, pillows and towels will be provided for those traveling by airfare. The bunkhouse is immaculately maintained and is highly reviewed by past K&M students. The camaraderie and post training atmosphere enhances the course experience. Bunkhouse photos can be viewed below and more facility information can be found on the K&M Shooting Complex Page.
K&M offers an exclusive private cabin for those that want to share in the K&M camaraderie by day but desire a retreat after hours! Exceptionally clean, cozy and entirely yours for your stay while enjoying K&M events! With no travel time, this peaceful cabin in the heart of the K&M Shooting Complex is perfect if you must have your own place. You can also share it with few fellow shooting buddies, if you like, to reduce costs. With 3 queens and one twin bed, it sleeps 3-4 people comfortably, 8 if someone takes the couch and you share beds. So, whether you are joining us by yourself or want to invite you buddies, the cabin has your lodging needs covered. The cabin is also great option for couples, families, or ladies that do not care for our bunkhouse style lodging.
When you start your K&M day, a small kitchenette (fridge, microwave, and Keurig coffee maker) awaits and provides the opportunity to heat up/prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner. Guests have access to a smoker, BBQ and firepit just outside the front door as well. The cabin consists of a living area with a sofa, coffee table that doubles as a lift up dining table, robust heating and air conditioning system, Direct TV television and a fresh private bathroom. The K&M CrossFit gym and Executive Clubhouse are just steps away. All linens, pillows and towels are provided for our K&M Cabin guests. Use this page to check availability and reserve the cabin next time you plan to join us at K&M Shooting Complex!
To check availability and to reserve the cabin click here: K&M CABIN RENTAL
Listed below are a few hotels in Jackson, TN area – they are a ~45 minute drive to the K&M Shooting Complex.
Americana Inn 550 Sanford Street, Henderson, TN 38340 (731) 989-0111 (20% discount for mentioning K&M – closest hotel, cheap, but not as nice as others)
Courtyard by Marriott Jackson 200 Campbell Oaks Dr, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 422-1818
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Jackson 2407 Christmasville Cove, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 240-1500
Best Western Carriage House Inn & Suites 1936 Highway 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN, 38305 (731) 664-3030
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jackson 1335 Vann Dr, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 736-4550
Days Inn Jackson 1919 U.S. 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 668-3444
Comfort Suites 61 Casey Jones Lane, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 868-1700
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast 55 Parkstone Place, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 736-1174
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson 2370 North Highland, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 664-1800
Recommended Equipment List
- 308, 6.5mm, 6mm or similar caliber precision rifle capable of one minute of angle accuracy ***
- Match ammunition (minimum 400 rounds – but this Clinic contains numerous drills and we recommend bringing additional rounds to include what you will need to zero and confirm data)
- Quality scope with adjustable turrets and MIL or MOA reticle
- Rear Bag
- Cleaning kit
- Pen, pencil, highlighter
- Rifle data book or notebook
- Eye and ear protection
- Comfortable yet durable clothing (pants and long sleeved shirt recommended)
- Durable footwear
- Food/Lunch to snack on throughout the day
- Shooting Mat (if desired)
- Sunscreen/bug repellent
*** It is important that the equipment (rifle, scope, ammunition) that you are using for our events consistently meet the accuracy and adjustability requirements. Our events/courses are very fast paced and we don’t want you or others slowed or potentially limited by the wrong equipment. If you have any doubt or just want to check with us please contact us. Once the event begins it is impossible to fix any deficiencies, especially if all of our house guns are rented out. Custom GA Precision Rifles are available for rental for those attending our events. Match ammunition is also available for purchase. Please contact us well in advance to reserve house guns and ammunition or select during registration.