This is a two day course designed for the novice marksman, but it is highly encouraged and recommended for those who have had little or no formal training to attend. We promote a friendly and professional environment that puts new shooters at ease. We specialize in making you comfortable while giving you the best learning environment possible. A fast paced course, it will begin with firearms safety and rapidly transition into equipment comprehension, fundamentals of marksmanship, basic ballistics, wind reading, range estimation, mover targets and target engagements to 1000 yards. This course will utilize the world class K&M Shooting Complex, fully taking advantage of multiple ranges on site. Students that complete the course will have a basic proficiency in firearm safety, marksmanship fundamentals, a combined knowledge of their personal capabilities with their equipment and systematic training methods for future progression.
K&M utilizes combat proven and competitively accomplished cadre. The diversification of our instructors provides a broad perspective and the best talent available from Special Operations, Law Enforcement, Military Sniper Instructors and the highest ranked Civilian PRS Competitors. This unique blend of expertise and experience, combined with a dedicated and purpose built facility, is simply unrivaled. It allows us to offer the most efficient and professional training available. See the About Us page for more information on K&M instructors and/or the Shooting Complex page for more information.
Key Topics Covered
- Equipment selection and care
- Building your position, basic fundamentals of marksmanship, trigger control, recoil management
- Introduction to wind reading
- Employing the milliradian reticule for range estimation
- Understanding MOA and milliradian adjustments
- Introduction to internal and external ballistics
- Data gathering out to 1000 yards
- Engagement of moving targets
- Class sizes are limited to maintain a proper instructor to student ratio.
- ***READ THIS PLEASE*** All course payments are not refundable and under no circumstances can be transferred to a future course or change dates. Shooters should not register unless they commit to attend the training.
- A K&M student course material/data entry book is included with each course.
- Custom GA Precision rifles w/ Kahles 6-24x56i or 5-25×56 scopes (w/ K&M’s/Shannon’s SKMR 3/4 reticles) are available for rental for those attending our courses. Quantities are limited, so please purchase when registering. A sling, rear bag and bipod is included in house gun rental.
- Match ammunition is also available for purchase when choosing to rent a house gun.
- A K&M Precision Rifle Training welcome link with driving directions, additional administrative information, etc. is linked to your receipt and emailed to each student after registering for the course.
- All classes start at 8am CST. K&M on site lodging opens at 6pm the night before the course start date.
Bunk House accommodations are included at no additional cost to provide an enhanced learning experience. Students may sleep 1-3 per section/room depending on course size. Wi-Fi, cable TV and a full kitchen are provided for our guests. Linens, pillows, towels and toiletries must be brought by our guests (twin bed size). Linens, pillows and towels will be provided for those traveling by airfare. The bunkhouse is immaculately maintained and is highly reviewed by past K&M students. The camaraderie and post training atmosphere enhances the course experience. Bunkhouse photos can be viewed below and more facility information can be found on the K&M Shooting Complex Page.
K&M offers an exclusive private cabin for those that want to share in the K&M camaraderie by day but desire a retreat after hours! Very clean, cozy and entirely yours for your stay while enjoying K&M events! With no travel time, this peaceful cabin in the heart of the K&M Shooting Complex is perfect if you just have to have your own place. You can also share it with few fellow shooting buddies, if you like, to reduce costs. With 3 queens and one twin bed, it sleeps 3-4 people comfortably, 8 if someone takes the couch and you share beds. So whether you are joining us by yourself or want to invite you buddies, the cabin has your lodging needs covered. The cabin is also great option for couples, families, or ladies that don’t care for our bunkhouse style lodging.
When you start your K&M day, a small kitchenette (fridge, microwave, and Keurig coffee maker) awaits and provides the opportunity to heat up/prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner. Guests have access to a smoker, BBQ and firepit just outside the the front door as well. The cabin consists of a living area with a sofa, coffee table that doubles as a lift up dining table, robust heating and air conditioning system, Direct TV television and and a fresh private bathroom. The K&M CrossFit gym and Executive Clubhouse are just steps away. All linens, pillows and towels are provided for our K&M Cabin guests. Use this page to check availability and reserve the cabin next time you plan to join us at K&M Shooting Complex!
To check availability and to reserve the cabin click here: K&M CABIN RENTAL
Listed below are a few hotels in Jackson, TN area – they are a ~45 minute drive to the K&M Shooting Complex.
Americana Inn 550 Sanford Street, Henderson, TN 38340 (731) 989-0111 (20% discount for mentioning K&M – closest hotel, cheap, but not as nice as others)
Courtyard by Marriott Jackson 200 Campbell Oaks Dr, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 422-1818
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Jackson 2407 Christmasville Cove, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 240-1500
Best Western Carriage House Inn & Suites 1936 Highway 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN, 38305 (731) 664-3030
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jackson 1335 Vann Dr, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 736-4550
Days Inn Jackson 1919 U.S. 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 668-3444
Comfort Suites 61 Casey Jones Lane, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 868-1700
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast 55 Parkstone Place, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 736-1174
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson 2370 North Highland, Jackson, TN 38305 (731) 664-1800
Recommended Equipment List
- 308, 6.5mm, 6mm or similar caliber precision rifle capable of one minute of angle accuracy ***
- Match ammunition (minimum 100-125 rounds per day)
- Quality scope with adjustable turrets and MIL or MOA reticle
- Rear Bag
- Cleaning kit
- Pen, pencil, highlighter
- Rifle data book or notebook
- Eye and ear protection
- Comfortable yet durable clothing (pants and long sleeved shirt recommended)
- Durable footwear
- Food/Lunch to snack on throughout the day
- Shooting Mat (if desired)
- Sunscreen/bug repellent
*** It is important that the equipment (rifle, scope, ammunition) that you are using for our events consistently meet the accuracy and adjustability requirements. Our events/courses are very fast paced and we don’t want you or others slowed or potentially limited by the wrong equipment. If you have any doubt or just want to check with us please contact us. Once the event begins it is impossible to fix any deficiencies, especially if all of our house guns are rented out. Custom GA Precision Rifles are available for rental for those attending our events. Match ammunition is also available for purchase. Please contact us well in advance to reserve house guns and ammunition or select during registration.