This is a two day course designed for the avid sportsman who wants to develop the skills and proficiency to hunt at extended ranges. This course will begin with firearms safety and rapidly transition into equipment comprehension, fundamentals of marksmanship, basic ballistics, wind reading, range estimation, movers and target engagements with dope gathering out to 800 yards. This course will utilize the entire K&M Shooting Complex, fully taking advantage of the 12 plus ranges on site. Students that complete the course will have a proficiency in firearm safety, marksmanship fundamentals, a combined knowledge of their personal capabilities with their hunting equipment and systematic training methods for future progression.
Key Topics Covered:
- Building your position, basic fundamentals of marksmanship, trigger control, recoil management confirmation
- Cold bore data and zeroing of the weapon system
- Positional shooting, prone, standing, kneeling, sitting with use of natural obstacles
- Data gathering out to 800 yards
- Moving target engagements
- Shot placement and snap targets
- Long range hunting ethics
- Understanding of environmental effects on external ballistics
- Terminal ballistics
- Wind reading
- Range card development
- Class sizes are limited to maintain a proper instructor to student ratio.
- ***READ THIS PLEASE*** All course payments are not refundable and under no circumstances can be transferred to a future course or change dates. Shooters should not register unless they commit to attend the training.
- A K&M student course material/data entry book is include with each course.
- Custom GA Precision rifles w/ Kahles 6-24x56i or 5-25×56 scopes (w/ K&M’s/Shannon’s SKMR 3 reticles) are available for rental for those attending our courses. Quantities are limited, so please purchase when registering. A sling, rear bag and bipod is included in house gun rental.
- Match ammunition is also available for purchase when choosing to rent a house gun.
- A K&M Precision Rifle Training welcome link with driving directions, additional administrative information, etc. is linked to your receipt and emailed to each student after registering for the course.
- All classes start at 8am CST. K&M on site lodging opens at 6pm the night before the course start date.
- Bunk House accommodations are included at no additional cost to provide an enhanced learning experience. Students may sleep 1-3 per section/room depending on course size. Wi-Fi, cable TV and a full kitchen are provided for our guests. Linens, pillow, towels and toiletries must be brought by our guests (twin bed size). Linens, pillows and towels will be provided for those traveling by airfare. The bunkhouse is immaculately maintained and is highly reviewed by past K&M students. The camaraderie and post training atmosphere enhances the course experience. Bunkhouse photos can be viewed below and more facility information can be found on the K&M Shooting Complex Page.
Recommended Equipment List:
- Precision built hunting/precision rifle capable of one minute of angle accuracy ***
- Match ammunition (minimum 100-125 rounds per day)
- Quality scope with adjustable turrets and MIL or MOA reticle
- Rear Bag
- Cleaning kit
- Pen, pencil, highlighter
- Rifle data book or notebook
- Eye and ear protection
- Comfortable yet durable clothing (pants and long sleeved shirt recommended)
- Durable footwear
- Food/Lunch to snack on throughout the day
- Shooting Mat (if desired)
- Sunscreen/bug repellent
*** It is important that the equipment (rifle, scope, ammunition) that you are using for our events consistently meet the accuracy and adjustability requirements. Our events/courses are very fast paced and we don’t want you or others slowed or potentially limited by the wrong equipment. If you have any doubt or just want to check with us please contact us. Once the event begins it is impossible to fix any deficiencies, especially if all of our house guns are rented out. Custom GA Precision Rifles are available for rental for those attending our events. Match ammunition is also available for purchase. Please contact us well in advance to reserve house guns and ammunition or select during registration.